Old October 12th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Albuquerque Soaring Club seeks pilots

Patrick,

I agree with you on gathering pilots. That is not what happened. A
single pilot flew a contest with us. He travels all over flying, and
doesn't really have one home. After flying with us at the contest, he
decided to post for us. He was not "recruited". But since that
happened, we have been accused of it repeatedly.

I did see one post here from someone on our side (I don't know who, as
I don't normally read RAS), on recruiting for OLC 2008. In that I
agree with you, that post should be withdrawn, as that attitude serves
nothing.

However, it would be nice to get a "Congrats on winning", instead of a
"You cheated", because one pilot made a decision on his own. That
pilot used to post for Albuquerque, and now posts for us. But as I
said before, he really doesn't have one home base. This is just sour
grapes.

I only posted a reply, because someone brought Mark's post to my
attention. We work hard (and have a blast doing it) it flying hard
and fast. I didn't appreciate being called a cheater.

Thanks for letting me clear that up.