Old May 13th 18, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default Spot or InReach ??

There is no mention whatsoever about altitude in their advertising or the Spot X manual, so I would say no.

Tom

Yes, no mention of altitude in the crappy little manual that's currently posted; but there is mention of transmitting elevation if a certain box is checked. Unless there's an onboard database of elevations everywhere, I'm thinking that might actually correspond to transmitting altitude in our use case. We'll have to see. I know Globalstar has been quite thoroughly admonished on the need for altitude reporting for aviation tracking use. It would be awful surprising if they blow that again.