Old February 19th 05, 03:58 PM
aol

Default Headset conversion

I have a couple of Davd Clarks given to me by my nephew, a former Air Force
loadmaster. I want to convert to use on civil aviation radios. As a former
engineer and ham radio operator I understand radio principles very well and
I am aware of the impedances of military com systems (5 ohm mics, 19 ohm
speaker). I am not that savy with civil aviation radios, however. I have
managed to easily convert the speaker side with impedance matching
transformer. I am also aware that the mic side is not just a simple
impedance matching issue. Does david clark have a mic element replacement
for the M87A/C boom mic that I can order without having to order a complete
conversion kit (for over $100 dollars). I know I would be just as well off
to get a headset off ebay but I want to waste my time with this useless
project for those rainy days when I can't fly the plane.
Cheers all
Bruce Stafford (KE5NT)