Old July 24th 05, 10:13 PM
Roger

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:30:54 GMT, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
wrote:

snip

A Cherokee Six can do 160 knots on the ILS if need be, and you will never hear
the controller asking you to "keep the speed up".

I often hear, "keep the speed up as long as praticable" prior to even
hiting the the approach, or pattern. Normally 140 is fast enough as
that is going to put you in the same category as a 737.

I was on the ILS for 28R (think it was 28) at Port Columbus doing a
practice instrument approach. The instructor told me to lift the
foggles and look out to the left. Straight off the wing tip was a 737
and as we had both intercepted well outside the outer marker we flew
like that for several miles. That is, until I put the gear down.
:-)) That brings me down to the normal 120 I typically fly.

One exception: I was flying back to Charlotte in a C-402 one morning with only
one brake. The controller keep after me to keep the speed up. As I got closer

Been there and done that, but I only had one engine. At least I
didn't have to fly an ILS.:-))

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

and closer, I kept trying to slow down but the controller got onto me again.
Alrighty then....

I was cleared on very short final to land and "make the first turnoff ASAP".
Needless to say, I rolled past that turnoff at a manly rate of speed. USAirways
behind me had to go around. So sad, too bad. He shouldn't have rushed me.