Old November 10th 04, 03:14 PM
Chris OCallaghan

Janusz,

thanks for the update. Keep them coming as you get them. I've followed
the Diana's development since the Worlds at Uvalde. I've always been
impressed with the numbers, but have had mixed opinions of the glider
in flight. It strikes me as a glider with "character," one you need to
get to know and coddle a little to get its optimal performance. I
haven't been able to fly one. I simply don't fit. So my opinions are
based on flying with them rather than in 'em. I posted some thoughts
to the group several years ago after the 15m Nats at Uvalde.

Best L/D is an increasingly uninteresting performance measure. Though
breaking 50:1 is noteworthy (and certainly deserves applause), higher
speeds are more important... and with the Diana's very high aspect
ratio, looking at the polar between 80 and 100 knots (typical
interthermal speeds) becomes the test of whether it will be a
desirable racer.

"Janusz Kesik" wrote in message ...
The Diana 2 wings are already made, and the according to its quality and
profiles, the designers are sure to reach a 52:1 L/D in a 15m sailplane that
Diana 2 is.
Of course the Diana 2 is being built entirely in Poland which shoud affect
the price also, as the German products are getting unbearably expensive due
to Dollar/Euro exchange rate.

The first deliveries are scheduled for Spring 2005.

More to read he http://www.dianasailplanes.com/racing.html

Regards,