Old May 22nd 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Barely reach rudder pedals

In certain shoe stores, they used to sell black lace-up sneakers with 3 to 4
inch soles in both mens' and womens' sizes. You might check with someone a
bit younger than me to see if they're still available. My son used them
when flying a Grob 103 and said that they worked well.

Ray Warshaw
1LK

"rich" wrote in message
oups.com...

jerome wrote:
bumper a écrit:
Depending on the pedal design, wood blocks made from plywood might be
suitable. Be sure they are fastened securely and absolutely, positively
cannot come loose.

I saw some years ago in Spain a guy from Lasham, GB, who flew a Discus
with such wood blocks tied to his shoes (and a rope to get the wheel up)

A fellow I knew had a short leg, and had a shoemaker glue a thick cork
sole to one shoe. A pair of slip ons with thick cork soles might work
nicely.
Rich