Old May 23rd 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Barely reach rudder pedals

keelstrake wrote:
Hi,

I'm vertically challenged, especially my legs. When I am seated as
far forward as possible in my Cirrus, I'm touching the rudder pedals
with the tips of my toes, with the pedals adjusted to the full back
position.

Could people who have experience with this problem please share how
they resolved it. My thoughts are to put an extension on the pedals,
but am unsure of the best way to do that.

In a related matter, I've noticed that in some gliders (including my 301
Libelle) I find myself putting a lot of pressure on the rudder pedals
which puts a strain on the feet. I think aircraft with larger rudder
pedals aren't nearly as straining because the force is distributed over a
wider area of the foot. I've tried putting less "common mode" pressure
on it, but I don't feel as much in control when I do that. I was thinking
of installing a wood block to better distribute the force, but I'm
concerned about the safety of that.

Does anyone have a good solution?

dan