Old May 24th 06, 12:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Barely reach rudder pedals

"no thank" wrote in message
I've tried putting less "common mode" pressure
on it, but I don't feel as much in control when I do that. I was thinking
of installing a wood block to better distribute the force, but I'm
concerned about the safety of that.

Let me guess...you are strictly a glider pilot? That "common mode"
pressure habit I somehow aquired while exclusively flying gliders had to be lost
quickly when I started flying airplanes. Have you ever made a locked brake
landing in a Cessna? I did...once.

Seriously, your legs are strong and you can apply hundreds of pounds of
pressure that way without even thinking about it. Have you ever taken a good
look at how light some of that rudder control rigging is?

Vaughn

Does anyone have a good solution?

dan