Old June 27th 17, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Letter to the FAA

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 11:55:57 AM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
I wonder what paperwork is legally required for an inverted Schwiezer tow release (if you already have one installed)? Should be pretty simple and cheap to do the actual change AND get most of the benefit of a Tost release.

I grok you still need a 337. But anyhow, Schweizer hooks are out of production. So it comes down to some version of the following:

Option 1: http://www.wingsunlimitedtowhooks.co...on-bumper.html

Option 2: http://wingsandwheels.com/aircraft-p...w-release.html

This isn't really a tough call, but you do need an approved installation.

best,
Evan Ludeman / T8