Old August 13th 19, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Pawnee Tow Release

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 11:57:16 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 7:44:32 PM UTC-4, Charles Longley wrote:
In the 3 Pawnee’s I fly 2 use the floor mounted dump lever which I like. The other one uses a shorter lever mounted in front of the throttle which I like even more!

Our Pawnee floor lever lies almost on the floor. There is a tab with a hole which looks like it should have a tension spring to keep the handle more upright. Anyone know if there is supposed to be a tension spring here? Where would the other end attach? Part number?
Thanks in advance,

Bob 7U

I do not recount seeing one with a spring. There should be enough tension on the release cable to keep the handle in the closed or locked position.