Old August 29th 19, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport for sale

and Ridge Soaring has been on the 'for sale' market for how long?
Seems to me you need to think of a plan to buy some of these
properties up and establish non profit clubs at them -maybe a 'culture
change' is required in the US.

Problem is real estate prices. In the old days you could buy a big enough piece of property for a small enough amount of money to run a soaring operation as a hobby business. Perhaps SSA should do more fundraising specifically for purchasing airports? Or spend the money lobbying the gov't to buy airports for our use(only half joking.) The Hanggliding/PG crowd spends a bunch of their resources securing real estate. They've also unfortunately had to go into the insurance business themselves, which is a terrible outcome, but I understand they didn't have much choice.