View Single Post
Old August 29th 19, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport for sale

On Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 8:11:28 AM UTC-4, wrote:

Walt, I commend you for your understanding of this situation and the desire to keep SLG a fantastic soaring site for all to enjoy. Unfortunately this situation is volatile and a lot depends on international laws and courts. I have been at the ugly end of the international court battles for property. My involvement was zero, but I lost may dollars because I could not retrieve my personal property after the federal marshals lock up the said facilities and nothing was moved until the issue was settled. Trust me, this gets very ugly! We all can only hope that this situation can be resolved and move forward. Bob

Bob,
Apparently you have insight into the SLGP situation which I do not. If Mihai is as Rich seems to have suggested, walking free as a bird and managing his other businesses in Romania and if he is still the legal owner of record (which appears to be the case) of SLGP then the only obstacle to selling it would be finding a buyer with the cash. Chances of that anytime soon seem quite slim to me. It would appear to me that he has realized his chances of returning on any kind of visa to the USofA with a documented charge of a crime of moral turpitude is quite slim necessitating the sale of SLGP.

I still find it highly improbable that a guy who was essentially taken from the Caymens, in cuffs, kicking and screaming and in fear for his life upon his return to the Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic of Romania is not in the Bucharest Hilton, sleeping on a cold, hard floor, naked and chained to the wall. His position on the "secret police" seems to have been at least tacitly approved by the previous administration of Nicolae Ceausescu and we know what happened to old Nicolae.

It would seem that someone might have tried to portray himself as the Robin Hood of Romania, fighting for the return of property and money stolen from the Romanian peasants. Of course the Sheriff of Nottingham (Bucharest) would not allow this and BOOM. One hundred million Euros can go a long way if properly managed.

The fact is that we only know what we read online and what we are told and the trick is figuring out who is telling the truth. Who among us has not had things said about them which were not accurate if not outright lies?

Batton down the hatches down there Bob, looks like a big wind is acomin'.

Walt

I would not call it insight, maybe experience would be a better word. Like I stated earlier, I lost good money because of a similar situation and I can tell you exactly how it happens.Candor or lack of seems to follow this situation almost from the beginning, but the facts are the facts.
Yes, we are working hard today trying to move airplanes to safer places and storing gliders in boxes. I did put Eileen's 24 along with my 27 in the boxes and secured them here at the ranch, FD25. I plan on moving the Yellow Gorilla and my new Towpecker tomorrow to a more secure location. Being only about 7-8 miles from the coastline makes for some very interesting storm situations. Back in 2004 I saw winds in excess of 125 here at my airport, this even looks bigger.
Hopefully I can stock up on water, food and enough rum to get us through this ordeal. Bob