Old August 30th 19, 07:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport for sale

At 13:30 29 August 2019, wrote:

=20
and Ridge Soaring has been on the 'for sale' market for how

long?=20
Seems to me you need to think of a plan to buy some of

these=20
properties up and establish non profit clubs at them -maybe a

'culture=20
change' is required in the US.

Problem is real estate prices. In the old days you could buy a big

enough
=
piece of property for a small enough amount of money to run a

soaring
opera=
tion as a hobby business. Perhaps SSA should do more fundraising
specifica=
lly for purchasing airports? Or spend the money lobbying the

gov't to
bu=
y airports for our use(only half joking.) The Hanggliding/PG crowd

spends
=
a bunch of their resources securing real estate. They've also
unfortunatel=
y had to go into the insurance business themselves, which is a

terrible
out=
come, but I understand they didn't have much choice.

Real estate prices are also high in Europe yet clubs still manage to
purchase airfields.......