Old January 27th 20, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default Best vario for airmass awareness across the speed range

On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 4:28:40 PM UTC-5, Morgan wrote:
I have a number of flights with the Dynamis so far in the Nixus, but I don't feel that it is calibrated or working properly yet. Once we get it dialed in and can fairly evaluate it, I'll happily provide some feedback on using it, but so far the only feedback I can offer is that it is a much more complicated installation than just hooking up pitot, static and TE lines and therefore you've got more things to debug. Also not helped by the onset of winter and general lack of thermals for the last 4 months.

Morgan

On Sunday, January 26, 2020 at 12:35:14 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Gary, Mike might have been testing the variometer, but I have not seen a single independent article on the performance of the variometer, therefore for me none of it exist. Supposedly a number of pilots are flying with these variometers in Australia, but they are not sharing their experiences.

Yes, it would be good to see some results and analysis.

Gary

Morgan, thank you for your post and please report back any new findings, most appreciated!