Old January 27th 20, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Default Best vario for airmass awareness across the speed range

On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 8:20:58 AM UTC-5, Jim Hogue wrote:
Interesting that you mentioned this.

It is some pretty serious math, though, and I quickly found that it would take a whole lotta learning for this dimming mind to get this done solo. Plus the learning to code and implement into the OV, easier but still time needed. Plus the flight testing and development to get it to work right, this would take the most time and effort of all. Definitely could be done, though, I believe. Years of work probably.

One can dream that the Butterfly code will be Open Sourced if they don't find a buyer that wants to make a commercial retail product of it.