Old October 20th 03, 11:31 AM
Maule Driver

Yep. Same here.

"Mike Spera" wrote in message
I sent in a set of out of warranty headsets to Peltor and asked them for
a repair on T&M. Would have gladly paid. The set went intermittent
because of a break in the wires near one of the plugs. They get pretty
abused because one set of jacks is REALLY tight and uninformed
passengers try to pull them out by grabbing the wire instead of the plug.

They sent no estimate, and no invoice. They just sent the set back
repaired with a new (updated) set of wires ...gratis.

Both sets held up well for 9 years and still going.

Good Luck,
Mike

Jay Honeck wrote:
So I called Peltor. The receptionist answering the 800# at Peltor
became quite insistent with me, to the point of being ARGUMENTATIVE,

I've always found Peltor to be a quirky bunch. Even their sales reps at

OSH
are, well, somehow different.

It's like they know they have a kind of off-beat product line, that's

very
expensive, and they know that most people will perceive their products

to be
cheap (they're not) and too delicate (don't know about that one -- but

they
sure seem lightly constructed) for daily use -- so they have this

attitude
of "are you good enough to buy our product?"

I usually catch a whiff of that at the Sennheiser (or however you spell
that) booth, too.

Constant abuse does that to people, I suppose...

http://www.uncensored-news.com
The Worlds Uncensored News Source