Old July 30th 03, 08:11 PM
Corky Scott

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:51:44 +1000, "RT" wrote:

Corky Scott wrote in message ...
As I was re-assembling the stuff, I was struck by what appeared to be
the lack of a bleeder screw so that the wheel cylinder could be filled
with fluid, when the time comes.

Nope - the screw is to bleed AIR from the system. Fill the master and
bleed downwards - just like every other a/c and car/truck/bus.........

I was an auto mechanic in a former life. I've bled a lot of brake
lines and hydraulic systems. In every single auto or truck I've dealt
with, there was always a bleeder screw right at the cylinder or
caliper, usually at the high point, to facilitate removing air.

The wheel cylinder for the Tripacer is unlike anything I've ever seen
before and appears intrinsically unable to bleed the cylinder properly
as the bleeder is inches away from the cylinder. However, knowing now
that that's what it's for, I'm going to take another careful look at
the cylinder to make sure that it doesn't have to be mounted in a
specific way.

Thanks for the information.

Corky Scott