Old March 15th 05, 02:05 PM
Robbie S.

I decided to compromise for the time being..... I have selected a digital
timer that allows 98 ON/OFF customized selections of time-spans per week.
This allows me to set the timer to start the heater at 5:00 AM on Saturday
or Sunday morning and stay on for about 3 hours and then shut down by
itself. The only drawback is that if I don't fly that day, it continues on
its cycle. But the cost was well worth it.... at $29 it wasn't bad.....
until I get a pager hooked up to it.

Here is a link to find this product......
http://www.rewci.com/in15ampoueld.html

If and when I can get the pager gizmo ready, I will post the results
here.....

....Robbie.

"dave" wrote in message
If you figure it out, please let me know. I've been wondering about it
too. The guys at the airport will plug me in if I call and ask but it'd
be nice to just dial up.
Dave
68 7ECA

Robbie S. wrote:
I have been trying to figure out a cheaper alternative to having to pay
$369 to purchase a Beeper Box to turn the engine heater on in my hanger
from a remote location an hour or two before I fly. Before I try and
re-invent the wheel, does anyone know of a product on the market that
could do the same thing without the fantastic price tag. If I don't find
it anywhere.... my garage will offer all the inspiration I need to rig
one myself.

...Robbie.