Old July 3rd 05, 02:18 PM
Ian

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 05:19:05 -0700, jouanarp wrote:

now we have more than 2800 starts with each drum of dyneema ( 5mm )
and we have somes breaks in the cable with big gliders ..
We project to change dynnema by new and we doen't want to use steel
cable because if the preise per start is more , for security, and for
repar and so one dynnema is the best and our winch is like new : no
impact in the winch ..

This is a good indication of what to expect. This is the kind of
information we need to justify the investment. Can you please give me
some more details:

Are you still using the original cable after 2800 launches?

Are their any plans to replace it yet?

How many launches per break do you get now with the worn cable?

What surface do you operate from (it looks like smooth grass from the
photo on your web site)?

How long is your runway?

Thanks

Ian