Old April 9th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_1_]

Default DG-300/303 owners...

On 7 Apr 2007 10:59:27 -0700, wrote:

I, for one, bought a DG-300 for its superior strength among other
reasons. We will have to wait for more clarification from DG but at
this point it seems that strength has now been reduced. Since this is
admittedly the fault of ELAN for not following the correct
manufacturing process and not notifying DG that they were altering the
manufacturing process this seems like a negligence issue. I would
hope they would do something to rectify the situation.

DG decided this:
- NO inspection required

If you decide not to perform an inspection, these new limits will
become valid for a DG-300/DG-303 Acro:

- Vne limited from 270 kp/h to 250 kp/h
- Va limited from 200 to 175 kp/h
- Maximum T/O weight limited from 525 to 450 kg
- 6 kg lower limit of mass of non-carrying structure
- aerobatics prohibited

Apart from the max T/O weight (and the prohibition of aerobatics for
the DG-303 Acro) none of this limitations is going to have any
practical influence on aircraft handling, don't you agree?

Bye
Andreas