Old May 10th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

Default Look at that Cherokee go

Keep at it! We're pulling for you; you'll have so
much more to be proud of than you would if you did
it in a 45:1 with electronics hanging all over the
cockpit (er- Box Office). I'm most proud of my early
badges done in 24:1 gliders without radios and batteries.

At 14:18 10 May 2007, Toad wrote:
On May 10, 9:54 am, chipsoars wrote:
On May 10, 9:44 am, Clint wrote:

I know a guy who did a 1000km flight in an ASH25mi
- only to have it
regected because the engine noise indicator recording
had not been
acctivated in the logger.

Clinton
LAK 12

Good going, but it is better than doing a 5 hour on
a hot miserable
day in a 1-26 and finding out that the thing wasn't
turned on. The
details are sometimes as difficult as the task.

Chip F.

Yeah,

After doing my silver altitude using a barograph.
I made 1 attempt
for the 50km flight using a camera and immediately
bought a Colibri.
Just so much simpler. So much fiddleycrap before the
flight, I was
exhausted before launch.

Todd
3S