Old October 29th 18, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Alternator (Ammeter) Problem (Piper)

I'm working on a Piper Cherokee that's ammeter is showing a mild draw and then a drop. It maintains a measurement of 10amps for maybe 10seconds then it drops back off to zero. The pilot removed the alternator took it to get tested then brought it back. The pilot also had the voltage regulator changed out. Anyone had a similar problem? I can answer more questions this was just a brief description.