Old November 10th 18, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Advice for new CFIGs

I got my CFIG this spring. I spent a bunch of money to get it, so now I can instruct for free. And I’d do it again. For several reasons:

1. Instructing is lots more fun than any other club duty.
2. I learned a bunch of useful stuff in the process. Not just flying stuff. All that FOI comes in handy when you’re trying to train new engineers (or old managers).
3. It’s fun watching students get the hang of following the tow plane, landing, etc.

Go ahead and finish up your CFIG. You’ll be glad you did,