Old November 10th 18, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Graham Drinkell[_2_]

Default Insurance for young pilots?

I have always encouraged and allowed young capable pilots to fly my
aerobatic Pilatus B4PC11AF. It now seems, insurance companies have
prohibited me from allowing young enthusiastic pilots to fly my B4.
Aerobatic flying is a very safe sport-the pilots are more attuned than

XC pilots. Most insurance claims are incurred by XC pilots with poor
flying skills, landing out with minimal options and damaging their a/c.
At around 1500' agl you should have selected at least 3 land-out
options?
This could be the end of youth flying- killed off by the insurance
brokers?