Old May 30th 16, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default back up gps?

The beauty of flying in New Mexico is that it's very difficult to get
beyond visual range of significant landmarks so I don't even "need" a
map. I can see Blanca Peak in Colorado from overhead Moriarty, and
Sandia Peak from near the Colorado line. There are also only 2 major
roads and, with a magnetic compass, it's a simple matter to find your
way home.

On 5/29/2016 8:57 PM, Bill T wrote:
Back up GPS for navigation? Paper chart and Mk-1 eyeball.
I've only used an Oudie for a couple of summers, with a nano data logger.
They go down, it's the paper chart.

BillT

--
Dan, 5J