Old April 26th 21, 08:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Landing Gear Collapse

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 11:43:28 PM UTC-7, Burris wrote:
All suggestion Welcome,Apis MC ,with electric gear failure on
landing.Was not a hard landing rolled 125' before gear failure.AMS
Flight."SEND/WIRE USD$ "for replacement parts 9 months ago.Will not
respond to emails.My question the Apis could be built Fixed gear, Manual
gear, or Electric gear.I'm considering converting to a fixed gear with
fairing.The spec's show a one point loss in the L/D.I got the impression
from AMS with the initial email "what parts were damaged?"they were
familiar with making replacement parts "ie" threaded gear rod and
actuator and fiberglass housing.What would you do? given up on ever
seeing my $ or Parts.

--
Burris

What country are you in? If the USA how is the glider registered? What does your A&P/repair technician etc. say about this or possibility of manufacturing/repairing parts themselves? In the USA the "owner-produced part" gives interesting capabilities, and "owner-produced" is not exactly as restrictive as it sounds. Seems a little hard to think what failed so bad after rolling 125' that it's easier to rebuild as a fixed gear vs. repair/remanufacture what failed.... but you give no details of what exactly failed either.