Old February 26th 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default IFR in a Mooney to Charlotte - Follow up

am wrote:
Again thank to this group, Wilson FBO, my local CAE controllers and
especially the CLT ATC who did a great job working me in to the flow
with the big guys.

I don't imagine coming into Charlotte posed much of a problem for a Mooney. I
did fairly well coming into Hartsfield once in a C-172... I just maintained full
power until somewhere on final, then dumped the power completely and flew
sideways for a bit.

It's the coming out of these busy airports where the problems start. Try as you
might, you can't cover the ground like the big boys and climb at the same time.
Something has to give!

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com