Old February 26th 08, 12:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Maynard

Default Thinking about buying a Zodiac XLi

On 2008-02-26, wrote:
The whole Zenith Line designed by Chris Hienz is sensitive in the
pitch axis, and for that matter in all directions. I will agree the
landing gear is just about bulletproof too. In another few hours you
will get used to the quick reaction the controls give, mainly because
of most of us grew up flying trucks like cessna's, pipers and the
like.

I sure hope so. I was pretty discouraged when I left the FBO yesterday. Yes,
all of my time to this point is in 172s and PA-28s and Tigers, and the
Zodiac feels quite a bit different.

I'm going to try the instructor's suggestion today and fly it with two
fingers, and the other suggestion in this thread and rest my hand on my leg.
Between the two, that should help with the tendency to overcontrol. I'm also
going to spend a bit of time at altitude figuring out power settings and
pitch attitudes to maintain airspeeds, so I can set up a 60 knot approach
and have it well stabilized before I get to the runway.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC
http://www.conmicro.com