Old May 7th 05, 04:41 AM
Peter Duniho

"Dave S" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]
The N number off the plane is N337DR. I read it myself off the video at
http://www.klas-tv.com/ . The FAA registry shows that it is a GULFSTREAM
AM CORP COMM DIV Model 695A. I am suspecting that the
Rockwell/aero-commander line was bought out by Gulfstream at some point in
the past, causing the Associated Press to misquote this aircraft as a G-I.
But the airplane type is clearly of Rockwell lineage.

Phew. I thought I'd really confused myself when I saw that footage on the
news and then read Larry's post.

But yes, searching for "gulfstream 695A" on Google quickly shows that your
guess about Gulfstream owning the product line at some point is correct.
Calling the accident aircraft a Gulfstream-I is pretty much par for the
course from a group of folks that have in the past written of a twin-engine
Cessna 150.

Pete