Old April 19th 20, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams[_2_]

Default Bad Aviation Films

On Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 10:37:01 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
Since we've had favorites, how about bad ones?

Someone mentioned Top Gun.Â* I thought that was horrible.Â* Yeah, there
was eye candy for both of the only two real genders, and there were a
bunch of great shots of aircraft, but the story line was total crap.

So for one of my favorite bad aviation films, I nominate:Â* Jet Pilot
with John Wayne, Janet Leigh, and believe it or not, Mamie Van Doren.

Dan, 5J

Chuck Yeager reported in his bio that he flew some of the stunts in 'Jet Pilot'
He seemed disgruntled that he flew for his military pay only. No Hollywood paycheck.
The Airforce supported the production I understand.

Back on track, how about 1940's Goofey's glider cartoon.