Old February 4th 05, 05:19 AM
KENG

Lemee see if I understand what your are saying... You REALLY want to
work for the military, but not in OK (where you are now), and you are
willing to destroy thousands of other lives so you can achieve your goal
of moving away from mommy and daddy.

Fastfwd wrote:

"MICHAEL OLEARY" wrote in message

Well fastfwd. I have a question for you. Where do the military put their
bases? If not in OK then where. If don't like the military, that is fine
and you're entitled to your opinion. But remember that military personnel
are Americans just like you. We do not like living in the middle of
nowhere with nothing to see or do just like other American citizens. You
should realize that most bases have been established longer than you have
probably been alive. Most bases started off in the middle of nowhere, but
unfortunately the civilians kept building up around it. If we move the
bases into the middle of nowhere again, what happens the next time the
civilian population decide to live near bases again. I'm really tired of
people moving near air stations and complaining about the noise and
pollution. If you don't living near a base then don't move there.

Oh no, you've got the context all wrong. I have no problem with the
military. I'm interested in what action might be taken to lend support to
the other states on the chopping block. I might be interested in seeking
employment in a competing state. I think there would be a great sense of
satisfaction from feeling a part of helping a competing state to retain it's
military bases(s) and Oklahoma lose it's competing base(s). I hope another
state might realize what my experience in Oklahoma could mean in a tight
competition and appreciate what I might offer them. I don't know myself -
possibly nothing. It might give me the opportunity to live in this country
and not feel bitter about my situation. A sort of justice if you will. I
realize the great economic impact that the military installations have for
Oklahoma.

Unfortunately where I live has become a very inhospitable place for me by no
real fault of my own. It is nearly worse than what I was brought up to
believe a Communist country might be like and Oklahoma is very much a part
of it. Poor leadership has possibly been at the root of the situation, but
Oklahoman leadership has allowed it. I very much support the military in
doing their jobs. I actually think this environment is detrimental to the
motivation of fighting for this country. I have always been very patriotic,
but my sense of faith in my country has been tested to the extreme and I
would like to see if this might be a way to restore my own faith in feeling
like a part of this country. Most people should probably never know what I've
been through here.