Old August 21st 06, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mal[_1_]

Default Towpilot Experience

"Slick" wrote in message
We just read into the regs a bit deeper. I was always under the impression
you had to have 100 hours in category and class and if it was a tail wheel
you had to have 1000 hours in that. I actually read the reg and it looks
as
though it's only 100 hours of category and class. So I know if the regs
aren't holding us to 100 hours in a tail wheel then the insurance must be,
assume. How would the insurance work out on the club gliders if the
towpilot
wasn't covered under the club insurance policy, but rather carried
non-owned
insurance? Would there be a problem if the pilot was towing gliders, since
most people that carry their own insurance are only flying planes, not
towing them as well?

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

In Australia it is 100 hours minimum and tail dragger endorsement they also
like you to have some time in a high power tail dragger.

I think below 100 hours most people would be too green they also like you to
have some experience at the glider end.

Doing my multi engine at the moment then doing my towing endorsement.