Old November 3rd 17, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: Friendly Single-Seater for PSU Soaring Club

On Friday, November 3, 2017 at 6:21:58 PM UTC-4, Phil Chidekel wrote:
On Friday, November 3, 2017 at 5:36:02 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I don't know why you mentioned the L33 as supposedly more docile than the AC4? Both, plus the PW5, were all designed for the same World Class goals. Unless you want a metal glider for a different reason: to leave it rigged and tied down, which may (or may not) be better for club use.

Hello,

Thanks for the responses so far.

We posted this as a plug to find something for a bunch of college kids to fly. I do not wish to begin a debate as to what constitutes an ideal club glider. Take that elsewhere.

I enjoy flying the AC-4, and I am aware of how docile it is. However, there are other constraints such as durability, insurance, and cost that prompt us to look for something within the range of 1-26 to L-33.

I'd be happy to discuss the specific constraints that govern our search--shoot me an email. There is a lot of experience and expertise going into this.

Best regards,

Phil Chidekel

E-mail sent
UH