Old February 2nd 09, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Komet trailer wheel bearings

On Feb 2, 8:05*am, Papa3 wrote:
On Feb 1, 2:09*pm, Dan wrote:

anyone ever re-packed the whell bearings on a Komet trailer?
I don't know when this was last done on my trailer but I'm thinking
it's something I should do this winter.

Dan

Coming in a little late, but...

Nothing to it. *I did mine several times when I owned my old (circa
1981) Komet. * It was about an hour to maybe an hour and a half to
finish both sides. *Pull the wheel. *Pry off the cap. * Unpin the
castelated nut. *Loosen nut. * Pull the hub.

Was there something specific that got you wondering?

Regards,
Erik Mann
LS8-18 P3

Aren't you going to need a replacement inner seal? In order to get the
bearing out of the hub, the seal needs to get pulled. I don't know
about you, but I've never been able to do that without damaging it.