Old April 19th 05, 03:49 AM
Paul Folbrecht

I feel a little guilty taking this wonderful thread a bit off-topic, but
here goes.

First of all I'm rather part–time paintballer.. I'd play more often if I
didn't fly so much, that's for sure.

I too am amazed at a lot of the folks in this group, though I plan to
follow in their footsteps (or at least attempt to) in the very near
futu my RV–10 tail & wing kits have been ordered.

A few years ago the idea of becoming a pilot struck me as a very lofty,
perhaps unattainable, dream, as well. It's not! Here I am now pushing
300 hours with my instrument rating and owning a Cessna 152. Anybody of
reasonable intelligence who puts their mind to it can do this. Go for it!

~Paul

P.S. Your paintball tanks sound mighty cool. Sounds to me like you have
what it takes to build an airplane.

LCT Paintball wrote:

Another paintballer-pilot, eh? Me too.

You're kidding! All this time I've been looking up to pilots assuming they
are a class above the rest of us. You've burst my bubble.

I'm not a paintballer-pilot yet. Mostly just a paintballer/small business
owner. I'm hoping to start some lessons this fall. In the mean time, I'm
lurking around and trying to learn what I can.

I enjoy building things that make the neighbors shake their head in
disbelief. I am amazed at the things the people in this group have
accomplished.

I've built a paintball tank with a 3" main gun, a "blooper" look alike for
taking out tanks that landed my picture in a magazine, and now I'm working
on a new tank that will borrow some building techniques from you guys. It
will be a fiberglass composite built around a steel frame, and will have a
semi auto main gun firering a foam round that I build, and boast a 40 rps
chain gun similar to the warthog's (but not quite as lethal I hope).