Old July 4th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shawn[_1_]

Default 4th July Independence Day Message to the US

Vaughn Simon wrote:
"Derek Copeland" wrote in message

A recent UK Parliamentary Committee, who are definitely
not revolutionary hotheads,

This is a topic I find interesting and compelling, but it has no place on
ras. I have seen too many groups evaporate in a torrent of off-topic political
gassing.

FWIW, it seems to me that these sorts of discussions get more civil and
meaningful discussion when posted on an OT newsgroup such as this one,
rather than when posted on one of the obvious political groups, where
the lines between positions are much clearer and opinions are intractable.
I'd still rather discuss soaring (my opinions are pretty solidified on
this subject). ;-)

Shawn