Old July 4th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Derek Copeland

Default 4th July Independence Day Message to the US

One of the problems is that it is quite difficult to
get anything published in the mainstream US media that
doesn't support the 'America is wonderful' theme. I
have tried!

Anyway don't worry Shawn, as shall be going back to
kicking the PW-5 and supporting Club Class gliding
shortly.

Derek C

At 16:54 04 July 2006, Shawn wrote:
This is a topic I find interesting and compelling,
but it has no place on
ras. I have seen too many groups evaporate in a torrent
of off-topic political
gassing.

FWIW, it seems to me that these sorts of discussions
get more civil and
meaningful discussion when posted on an OT newsgroup
such as this one,
rather than when posted on one of the obvious political
groups, where
the lines between positions are much clearer and opinions
are intractable.
I'd still rather discuss soaring (my opinions are pretty
solidified on
this subject). ;-)

Shawn