Old June 6th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Default GA piston flying down almost 50% since 2000

Tell ya what. Three spread sheets and three graphs of the spreadsheets will
be posted to www.rstengineering.com/photos in fifteen minutes. Take a look
at the straightness of the line since 1990.

Jim

--
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who count in binary and those who don't
"Tony" wrote in message
ups.com...
It's not likely it's a linear relationship, Jim. probably some e^(-kt)
would provide a closer model.

Yours would predict negative GA, in 2020, wouldn't it?

Some nits need picking!

On Jun 6, 6:07 pm, "RST Engineering" wrote:
I just did a spreadsheet with a prediction routine based on linear
regression. If the numbers hold true, we will be out of the GA business
around 2015, plus or minus one year.

Jim

--
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who count in binary and those who wrote in

ups.com...

On Jun 5, 3:15 pm, wrote:
Just look at the drops of avgas consumption:
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/a403600001m.htm
Oh, my God. That is incredible. And awful.
I wonder if those sales figures from the 1980s included military
aircraft? There used to be lots of military hardware burning avgas
-- not any more...
If not? Holy moley...GA really is dead.
--
Jay Honeck