Old March 4th 04, 03:02 AM
C J Campbell

"No Such User" wrote in message
Since IR's for private pilots seems to be a hot topic lately, I thought
I'd toss out this bit of trivia for all of you to gnaw on. I took a
copy of the FAA database and ran some (admittedly naive) queries. Below
you may peruse the results of a list of the number of US Private ASEL,
Private IR, and the percent of IR holders, broken out by state.

I make no claims of accuracy of this data. It comes from an old copy
of the database. It counts only private tickets. There are commercial
ticket holders who have private IR's for whatever reason, so they may
skew the data a bit.

There is no such thing as a "private" or "commercial" instrument rating.