Old December 25th 03, 02:01 AM
BTIZ

well.. your not that much of a newbie..

I've heard the Genesis has a rather narrow speed band between stall and best
L/D and the polar falls off rather quickly after that..

If you are looking for something to compete in.. what is your price range?

304CZ is very respectable..

BT

"Ted Wagner" wrote in message
Thanks to everyone for the informative feedback.

I did forget to mention my experience level, and it seems to be relevant

the question. Assuming I've made no errors in my Excel electronic logbook,

have 137 flights and 35 hrs as of this afternoon, 93 and 23:30 of them

solo;
78 in a 2-33A, 18 in a 1-26E, 21 in a G-103A, 16 in a 1-36, and two in an
ASK-21. This weekend I get checked out in the Pilatus B-4 and Genesis-2.
(Just kidding. But they sure are Purdy.)

One place I still need help is the different classes. I've yet to find a
place that lists and describes them (I've even surfed the FAI/IGC
documents). World Class? 15m? Standard class? Unlimited class? Outclassed,
underclassed, late for class? Help!!! (This is where I could use a goodly
stack of Soaring magazine back-issues, I guess.)

Also, I'll be trailer-parking the bird at Turf or Estrella, I'm 5'11", 170
pounds, and able to lift fairly heavy pieces without assistance. (But I
would like something easy to put together.) Again, I'm most interested in
pursuing x-country, and competing as soon as I'm ready.

Thanks again to all,

-ted