Old October 6th 03, 02:37 PM
Jay Honeck

The little indicator really doesn't go "up and down". The painted line
(which is probably faded by now) is a line drawn on the "corkscrew"
of the rudder trim knob. As you turn the knob, the bolt (or post or
whatever it's attached to -- check the parts manual for the
exploded diagram) is rotating, and the line moves. If I remember
correctly, as you turn the knob clockwise, the line "moves up" in
the little window.

Um, "moving up" (and down) in the little window is what I said. The
indicator moves up or down, depending on which way you turn the knob.

How is this indicator supposed to indicate anything significant with regards
to rudder trim? It should move left and right, IMHO.

Of course, it's obviously not a critical thing, since I didn't even know it
was there until yesterday! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA