Old March 26th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Lexan

"erik" wrote

Now, after three weeks in the sun, the masking has deteriorated so
much that I can't get it off the lexan. It has perished into milions
of 1/4 mm square pieces that seems bonded to the lexan.

I have unsuccessfully tried: hot water and soap, turpentine,
meths,spit, scratching with my fingernails (works to an extend, but
leaves tiny scratches on the lexan surface. Can these be polished
out?), thinners (ginormous mistake).

Lighter fluid (naphtha) should be safe, but try it on a little corner,
first.

Get someone to hold the Lexan with a THICK pair of gloves, and hit it with
a pressure washer. Or else, YOU hold it with the gloves, and let THEM hit
it with a pressure washer. A coin self serve carwash should work, if that
is all you have available.

This method WILL work, with no damage, (except to your hand) if you can deal
with the pain.g
--
Jim in NC