Old June 13th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
Airyx

Default GIVEN CURRENT WARS, F-35s ARE BETTER CHOICE THAN MORE F-22As

On Jun 10, 10:11*pm, "Raymond O'Hara"
wrote:

can you envision any scenario in which the U.S. and russia fight?
are we going to invade them? i think we'd notice a huge naval build up for
them to invade us?
do you think they are going to overrun europe?- Hide quoted text -

Sure, Russia has already taken military action in Northern Asia, and
is attempting to re-annex one of their former Soviet states. It is
unlikely that the US would intervene there, but its possible.

A less likely scenario, but a more likely US intervention would around
Russia's on-going conflict with Japan over the Kurile islands.

Other potential adversaries with strong air capabilities are China
(conflicts with India, Vietnam, Phillipeans, Taiwan), and Venezuala
(conflicts will all of their neighbors).

France thought WWII would be fought in much the same way as WWI, slow
stagnated trench warfare. That's what they were prepared for, and
that's why they got their butts kicked.