Old January 11th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default OT - Anyone here own a restaurant?

Jay:

The restaurant business is challenging to say the least. Make sure you know
what you're getting into. The following sites will give you proformas for
the restaurant industry.

http://www.bizstats.com/
http://sbdcnet.utsa.edu/default.htm
http://www.activemedia-guide.com/

By the way, we have a classy FBO for sale in West Tennessee if anybody is
looking for one in that area. Contact me off group for details if
interested.

William Bruce
Accredited Business Intermediary
Sunbelt Business Brokers

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
So the land adjacent to the inn is for sale, and we want to put an
aviation themed restaurant on the site. It'll be the perfect fly-in
restaurant, with breakfast all day, decent prices, ugly waitresses, and
a 2nd-floor patio over-looking the airport. We want to call it "the
Tower", and it'll have a great view of the runways!

Trouble of it is, we don't know *anything* about running a restaurant.
Now, this never stopped us before -- we didn't know anything about
hotels, either -- but, hey, this sounds WAY more complicated, from my
uneducated standpoint.

Anyone here own/operate/manage a restaurant? Got any words of advice?
Any advice on finding someone who DOES know something about
restaurants?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA