Old July 21st 14, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Mueller

Default Noise issues with Oudie 2 in a couple different aircraft

At 12:19 21 July 2014, jherzog wrote:

I have an Oudie 2 coupled to 12V power and exchanging data

with an LxNav
Nano using the cable kit that comes with the Oudie. I

experienced
significant radio noise -- usually enough to break the squelch. I

saw a
prior posting by John DeRosa, who recommended this

inexpensive yet
overpriced ferrite choke core from Radio Shack:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?

productId=2103222

I installed it around the Oudie power/data cable, about 1/2 inch

from
the Oudie-side of the cable -- I have had no radio issues since.

--
jherzog

Thank you to all for replying. I will try this solution first and report
back. Doug