Old January 5th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
[email protected][_1_]

Default VNAV placard in DA-40, and pedal adjustment?

On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 00:00:31 -0500, Roy Smith wrote:

There's a cockpit photo of a DA-40 (http://tinyurl.com/yxju4u), there is a
placard just below and to the right of the right-hand MFD. I can't quite
read it, but I think it says "Use of VNAV Is Prohibited". Is that indeed
what it says? And, if so, why?

Know less than nothing about a DA-40 or the avionics installed.

But on the aircraft I am familiar with, am pretty sure that the FMS
nav database/operating system + the airframe manufacturer (and
perhaps the FD/AP system) all have to be in formal (as in FAA formal)
agreement before one can fly "VNAV" approach minimums as defined on
the new GPS approach plates.

Please bear in mind I am not an IFR-rated pilot, nor do I play one on
TV.

TC