Old June 4th 10, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

Default Gatorade (only slightly OT)

On Jun 3, 3:42*pm, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 14:20:09 -0700, Tony wrote:
On Jun 3, 4:08*pm, Martin Gregorie
wrote:
With summer, season of heat, dehydration and cramps, nearly here I have
a question:

Does anybody know where I can buy powdered Gatorade in the UK -
preferably lemon/lime flavour in 521g (18.4 oz) jars.

Failing that, does anybody have a recipe for an acceptable substitute?

--
martin@ * | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

I did the powdered gatorade thing last weekend in my camelbak and didnt
really like it. *maybe we got the mixture wrong or something but
gatorade and other sports drinks tend to leave me with a dry mouth, i
think it must be all the extra sugar they add. *i've also tried lemon
juice and a bit of sugar added to my water before as i heard that was a
good electrolyte replacer. *i think i will just stick with plain ole
water for now.

I haven't noticed the dry mouth, but I agree with you about orange
flavoured Gatorade - that's why I mentioned lemon/lime flavour.

--
martin@ * | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

I don't know if it's available on your side of the pond, but many
athletes are switching to an electrolyte replacement like "pedialyte"
which has less sugar than the sports drinks. http://pedialyte.com/products..aspx?section=1.

Craig