Old September 20th 11, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt RX Matt RX is offline
Junior Member

Default Damp trailer

I have a Schreder trailer that I'm having trouble dealing with mositure. It
is all metal including the floor and has good positive venting includng a
solar vent. Despite this I can open the trailer after only a week and find
evidence on my glider of signficant mositure. It may just be the dew cycle
and I think what happens is we have a heavy dew overnight and then the
folllowing days are cloudy/wet and the moisutre is not able to evaporate.
Should I install more solar fans?

I know this is an endelss debate....I have heard comments around sealing up
the trailer instead and using dehumidifiers? are there any cordless
dehumidifiers that could be placed in a trailer that would do the job.

A few more years of this are going to kill the Simtec/Prestec. It just
doesn'tlike the prolonged mositure.

Anyone else had problems with Prestec deteriortating quickly from
mositure?

The only option may be to park the trailer inside.