Old March 8th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

Default A Call to Arms from Richard VanGrunsven

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message ...
Morgans wrote:
"cavelamb himself" wrote

Actually, jst to keep the record straight, you CAN buy an X-AB airplane.
But the biulder can not build and register another of the same kind.

Really? Where did you get that information? Do you know of a case where a
builder was denied the second airplane's airworthiness permit?

That was pretty common interpretation of this mess when I was a kid.

Back when FAA was doing "pre-close" inspections, they were a lot more
involved in the process.

Ahhh, back in the days before entitlements really started sinking our govment and we truly received services...