Old January 10th 04, 10:12 PM
Kyler Laird

"O. Sami Saydjari" writes:

I know it has been pointed out in several different places, but it seems
pretty clear that the FAA needs to reconsider its supplemental oxygen
requirements. Waiting until 12,500 seems like a bad idea.

The current FAA requirements do not include waiting until 12,500'
before using supplemental oxygen. I use supplemental O2 when I'm
lower and I'm not breaking any regs.

OTOH, I pushed to the legal limits of altitude on most every
flight when I first go my certificate (because our oxygen system
wasn't working). I didn't experience problems from that and did
get to avoid a lot of crappy weather.

Why is it you want tigher regulation for us?

--kyler